Thursday, July 14, 2022

Razzie Review Scale.

At the start of 2022, I decided that before the end of the year, I would begin reviewing the Golden Raspberry Worst Picture Award winners.  Call it a lighthearted counterpoint to my reviews of the Best Picture Winners.

This review series will be scored very differently than my other musings.  By the very nature of the Golden Raspberries, the movies covered here should mostly range from middling to downright ghastly. As such, it would be ridiculous to use the same 10-point scale I apply to more "respectable" films and television programs.  I would either have to bend the curve to give "10" scores to movies that would normally scrape a "5," or I would be left clustering most reviews between "1" and "3," with only rare outliers ascending higher than that.

As such, and in the spirit of the Razzies themselves, I will use a food-based rating system. My Golden Raspberry Ratings will be issued as follows:

Popcorn and Soda: This really isn't a bad film, at least within its genre and ambitions. It probably shouldn't have even been nominated as Worst Picture, and it certainly shouldn't have actually "won" the award.

Raspberry: Watchable on its own terms. Some viewers might even find it enjoyable.

Turkey: OK, this is a bad movie. If for some reason you must watch this, you might want to search for a Rifftrax commentary (if available) to ease the pain.

Flushable Wipe (Used): Friends don't let friends watch this movie.




To receive new review updates, follow me:

On Twitter:

On Threads:

No comments:

Post a Comment